I’ve finally found the perfect banana bead recipe I know your entire family will love. I’ve tried a few different recipes in the past that have been good but not one my family has loved. My new recipe is so sweet and delicious my kids were loving it for breakfast, snack and desert. It’s so simple and easy I’m sure you already have all the ingredients on hand. Try this recipe and see for yourself even the picky eaters will love this delicious moist sweet loaf.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Bake Time: 50-60 minutes
1 stick of butter softened (1/2 cup)
1 cup sugar
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
3 mashed ripe bananas
1/2 cup of sour cream
1 tsp. vanilla
1 cup of walnuts (optional)
- Preheat the over 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl mix butter and sugar together until nice and creamy. Add in the eggs one at a time.
- In another large bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add mashed banana’s, sour cream and vanilla into the creamed mixture lightly mix together.
- Combine all the ingredients in that large bowl and mix well ( I recommend using a wooden spoon)
- Pour into a grease baking pan and bake for 50-60 mins depending on pan size.
- Use a bundt pan if you don’t have a loaf pan.
- For those picky eaters, mash the banana’s really well to avoid chunky pieces and avoid adding nuts.
Cooking tips for busy moms:
- Gather all the ingredients before hand and have them ready for use. If you have the time pre measure.
- Take out all the cooking utensils you’ll be using. It’ll make things a lot easier and faster than searching around for something in the middle of having your hands dirty.
- Clean as you go. Trust me it doesn’t take up much of your time to rinse and put in the dishwasher. It’s more overwhelming and takes up more of your time to do all the dishes at the end.
- Server warm right out of the over with a scoop of vanilla ice cream as dessert. You’re welcome.
- Serve a fresh slice of the banana bread with a dollop of French Vanilla whip cream. Yum!
- If you have left overs 2 days later make Crunchy French toast for breakfast served with slice banana’s. Mmmmmm….. (recipe linked below)
Hope you enjoyed this delicious sweet recipe. Please comment and tag me with your pictures and thoughts.